More than 6.7 million abortions are estimated to occur annually in India. Across the country, nearly 540 out of 100,000 live births result annually in the mother’s death. In the villages, many of the pregnant woman are not able to receive medical care, either because they are poor or because they live very far from hospitals and clinics. With that being the case, if there are any complications, there is little or nothing that can be done.
At Amity Centers, marginalized women can seek healthcare and counseling specifically geared toward women’s issues.
Amity means a friendly relationship and often describes relations between countries. We envision volunteer doctors from many countries joining Amity Centers in the true spirit of the word.
Our vision is to address medical and emotional issues of women in impoverished areas of India. We will do this by aiding advancement of medical technology, enabling all women access to adequate care and needed services easily.
Amity Centers, meeting the physical and emotional needs of women, thereby enabling them to realize their value and worth as human beings.
What will Amity Centers Provide?
List of Intended Medical Services:
• Abortion Counseling
• Bacterial Vaginosis Screening
• Breast Cancer Screening
• Cervical Cancer Screening
• Colposcopy Procedure
• HIV Testing and Counseling
• HPV Vaccinations and FAQ
• Pregnancy Testing
• STD Testing and Treatment
• Urinary Tract Infection Treatment
• Well Woman Examination
• Yeast Infection Diagnosis and Treatment
• Dietary Coaching
• Onsite Lab for all Testing
• First Rate Files and Online System
• Online System Accessibility for Patients to Review Files and Lab Results
• Child Care Classes/Lamaze
• Bone Density Testing
• Thyroid Testing
• Medical Equipment
• Lab Equipment
• Computer Systems
Aim to Provide the Highest of Quality in Every Area;
• Experienced doctors will bring their expertise from respective countries.
• We aim to provide the best equipment.
• Onsite equipment and testing will be provided, eliminating hassle and confusion and providing faster, more efficient care.
• Files will be stored on a computer database and will be made available to clients.
The model for emotional healing will be given by Kingdom Foundations (KFS) through trained counselors.
These counselors are equipped to deal with issues related to postpartum depression, anxiety, PTSD, addictions, and grief.